Wednesday, April 25, 2012

My Other Half


There is another half of me. You are out there in this world somewhere, I just need to find you. I am looking, believe me, I am searching diligently. Sometimes I think I have found you but then all of the sudden you are gone and I am forced to realize that it wasn't ever actually you but someone pretending to be you. It seems like a cruel joke at times but that is just life. Anyways, this is the beginning of a little slam poem I wrote the other night as I was thinking about you and what I want you to be like.


This one's for the girl,
For the girl that isn't perfect and doesn't try to be,
For the girl that isn't afraid to go out in public without make-up on,
She'll sing off key in church and won't care
because God says to make a joyful noise which doesn't neccessarily mean a beautiful one.
She isn't always talking about or thinking that she is fat,
but she stays active and fit because it feels good,
This one's for the girl who loves "pillow talk" for hours on end
and won't get mad when it ends in a tickle fight.

And that is as far as I have gotten. More to come...well maybe not soon, but enventually. Haha

No comments:

Post a Comment